This week in our classroom....
ELA-This week we analyzed and described theme in our text. We also free wrote a paragraph about our names and generated ideas for a more formal narrative.
Social Studies-This week we practiced the skills of historical inquiry as we reviewed the questions of history that they have learned about in previous grades. Students discussed historical evidence as they analyzed a primary source. Next, they reviewed chronology as they completed a timeline showing the major eras of history covered in third, fourth and fifth grades.
Science-This week in science we learned several new science words. We learned what energy, food source, food chain, food web, producer, consumer, decomposer, and scavenger mean and how we can incorporate them into our African Lakes and Rivers Ecosystem. We added to our models and we showed the interrelationships between plants and animals in our ecosystems.
Math w/Mrs. Prouse-This week we worked on solving expressions using multiplication and division.
- Book orders are due Friday, October 16
- Parent/Teacher conference times have been scheduled for Thursday, October 15, if you have not yet scheduled a time, there are a few afternoon times still available.
- Thursday, October 15, half day, students dismissed at 11:30
- Thursday, October 15, parent/teacher conferences 12-3 & 4-7
- Friday, October 16, half day, students dismissed at 11:30