Athletic Dept. Update-Week of 8-9-21
Monday, August 09, 2021
Athletic Department Update:
- Thank you to everyone who attended the open house last night! Fall sports are off to a HOT start, please be sure to stay hydrated.
- If you were unable to attend the open house, your athlete should be bringing home a game schedule, practice schedule, and an athletic handbook. Please make sure these materials make it home.
- We have re-opened the online apparel store. The store will be open this time until the end of the day Thursday (8/12). Orders placed in this sale will be available 8/25. New this year is the player-only section. Football players will find undershirts for game use, game socks, mouthpieces, and girdle pads in this section. There is also volleyball equipment to order including knee pads and shorts. Click this link to order: Online Apparel
- The first varsity football home game is August 27th vs. Akron-Fairgrove at 7 pm. The PPTO will be hosting the Back-to-School Blast that night for all elementary students. Details on the event to come!
- Cross Country began today. We are still experiencing low turnout for this new program, if you have a student who doesn't participate in a fall sport but would like to be more active encourage him/her to meet at the track at 8:30 any morning this week for a workout to see what it is all about. Students in grades 6-12 may participate.
- Please remember that it is an MHSAA rule that students may not participate in practice or games without a current physical form on file at school.
- Junior High sports are allowed to begin practice the week of August 23rd, we will release practice schedules late this week for jh football, jh volleyball, and jh cheer.
- Team pictures for Cross Country, JV Volleyball, and Varsity Volleyball are Wednesday at approximately 5 pm.
- We are still in need of a junior high volleyball coach, if you are interested please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.